Friday, January 23, 2009

Obama and Moshe's staff

After reading Shirat Devorah's post about the gematria of Obama's name coinciding with the gematria of דצ"ך עד"ש באח"ב, a little bell went off in my head, reminding me of what I saw in my rebbe's book "Machat Shel Yad" (pp. 39-43).

There Rabbi Frankel mentions that the matteh that Moshe used to perform all the miracles in Mitzrayim was inscribed with precisely those letters. He brings down the mishnah in Pirkei Avos that says that this staff was one of the ten things created right before the first Shabbos of Beraishis. It seems this staff goes all the way back to the beginning (ראש).

My gut tells me that Obama will be the rod that Hashem uses to punish the world with, and that he was prepared long ago for the role he is to play in the endgame.

No comments: