Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Myrtle tree in the desert

I received this sweet email recently about my recent podcast on Chanukah.

Dear Mr. Goldwag,
Your Channukah podcast was quite touching for me personally. As a United States Peace Corps Volunteer working in Peru, I often feel isolated from the Jewish community. There are no synagogues for me to go to, and I keep my Jewish identity from the community I work with. While I am very isolated, 6.5 hours over dirt roads, from anything remotely citylike, your podcast is for me, a weekly sermon. While I am in the desert, figurely speaking, you are for me a Myrtle tree that I enjoy. Thank you for your podcast every week, as without it, I would lack entirely for Jewish commentary that wasn't included in my Tanach.
Sincerely,
Matthew ¨Mateo¨ Rosen

No comments: