Thursday, November 13, 2008

Stuck in the US?

I received the following concern in an email:

I am very worried. I know that we should be moving to Eretz Yisroel, but we are stuck here in chutz l'aretz for many different reasons. I daven that Hashem should gather all yidden and bring us all safely to Eretz Yisroel.

to which I responded:

I think it's important to think about the fact that part of Moshiach's job is Kibbutz Galios. It may be more pleasant to have a 'front row seat' when Moshiach comes, but it's also important that we realize that all of our circumstances are almost completely controlled by Hashem, and although we do have some level of bechira that can affect our circumstances, we also have to trust Hashem that He would not put us in a place that isn't ultimately good for us. No matter what we will need miracles. True, the miracles may be more forthcoming here in Eretz Yisrael, but don't forget that the Geulas Mitzrayim and all of its accompanying miracles happened in the one place in the world that was known for being home to the greatest Tumah possible!

Kol tuv,
Ari Goldwag


After I posted this, I came across this post from R' Lazer Brody.

Bottom line is to follow your rav and put your trust in Hashem no matter what.

No comments: